Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Dancing Girl!

Saturday 1 October 2011

Dancing Girl!

Faye my six year old has only been going to dance class since March this year.  She has her first singing and dancing exam recently, which I knew she has passed, and last night was her presentation evening.
We watched numerous performances by the dancers which was very cute, before they handed out the certificates.  All the dancers got a medal and certificate for passing their exams.  Faye was beaming when she received hers.

Then they moved onto the special awards of the evening.  As Faye has only been going for 6 months I wasn't expecting her to receive anything.  When her name was called out for getting the highest mark of the group for her exam and she went up to receive her trophy I was thrilled.  Imagine my amazement when minutes later her name was called out again and she was presented with a further trophy for being Junior Endeavour 2011 student for commitment and excellence. 

I am so proud of her.  Every parent thinks their child is special, beautiful, wonderful and so on and I am no exception but to see her receive awards is a brilliant feeling.  Her little face just beamed and it actually brought tear to my eyes to see her.  I am the proudest mummy in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Faye, and all credit to you as well, Jayne.

    ReplyDelete