Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: To Kindle or not to Kindle

Wednesday 28 December 2011

To Kindle or not to Kindle

I have been considering for a while now whether or not to buy myself a Kindle.  I just couldn't imagine reading from a screen and getting the same feeling that you get from reading a book.  I love books.  I always have.  I love the feel, the look and the smell of them My prized possession is my bookcase displaying a small selection of my favourite books.  As a book lover there is no better feeling that getting comfy and opening that new paperback or much loved favourite and reading that first page.  But I have taken the plunge and here it is...

I excitedly opened the box and there was my new gadget.  Carefully removing he packaging I have to admit that I actually do like the feel of this.  I doesn' compare to the book as there is no weight to it, but it does feel nice in your hand.  It has a soft cover not at all what I was expecting.  I thought it would feel very plasticy.  One point scored.

I switched it on and had a little play and yes it's a screen but it does appear to be easy on eye and it's doesn't have the harsh glare like so many items.  I have to admit that so far I am very impressed.  There is now a world of new books that I can access any time of the day or night and at prices that I can afford.

As soon as I finish my current book, which I currently am unable to put down, I will be trying out a new book on the Kindle.  That will be the telling point.  I will keep you posted over the coming weeks how the Kindle has compared to the traditional paper and ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment