Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Unconditonal Love!

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Unconditonal Love!

I witnessed love in it's purest, most innocent, unconditional form yesterday.  It had everyone close by in tears but it's really does bring home what is most important in life.

It's been a while since my last post and it's been a difficult and emotional few weeks.  I haven't felt able to share my thoughts and feelings on here as they are to raw and my writing has been purely for personal benefits.  I won't go to far into it all but my dad has been ill in hospital and yesterday he was finally allowed home.

My 6 year old daughter, who sees her grandad almost every day, has missed him terribly.  So, when we took her round yesterday to visit and she found to her amazement Grandad sat in his favourite chair,  She flew across the room, threw her arms around his neck, kissed him, stroked him, looked at him and kissed him some more.  With her arms wrapped around his neck was where she stayed for the whole half hour visit.  The only noise was the occasional little giggle that she couldn't hold in.

When it was time to leave her eyes just welled up with tears.  With that she broke down and sobbed for almost an hour.  I have never ever seen her so upset.  She physically could not stop.  Everytime she got herself under control she would just start all over again.  The tears just rolled down her little cheeks and at points she was crying so hard she could barely breath.  When I managed to calm her down and get an ounce of sense out of her she said "But, mummy.  I just don't know why I am crying.  I have just missed him just so, so, so much and I love him" I can only imagine what has been going through her mind. Despite all the reassurances we have given and the phone calls she has made to him.  She needed to see him in the flesh. I tried to explain that what she was feeling was relief.  Relief that finally he was home.  Back where he belongs.

"Mummy" she asked a bit later on, "When Father Christmas brings me some presents I'm not going to open any until my Grandad is here because do you know I love him so much that I am going to wait and he can help me."

Needless to say on the visit today she was struck to him like super-glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment