Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: More Epic Tantrums!

Tuesday 8 May 2012

More Epic Tantrums!

Charlie has been having some epic tantrums just lately.  Take this morning, we walked Faye to school, which is only a 5 minute walk.  He ran all the way there, ran around the playground with all the big kids and then, when it was time to walk home, he decided that he didn't want to walk anymore. 
"Pick me up mummy," he asked.  There is no way on this earth that I could carry him all the way home.  He's just too heavy. There I am holding a screaming child by the hand, all the while he's screaming "owch, owch, mummy my leg, my leg, owch, owch"  He proceeds to limp and hold his leg as if in dire pain. 

Everyone is staring and you can see what's going through peoples minds.  "What is that mad mother doing to her poor child" Now, there is nothing at all wrong with the him.  There is nothing wrong with his leg, it's just a new ploy that he has learnt.  I manage to eventually get him home and with just 5 steps to the front door the screaming stops, he wipes his snot on his coat sleeve and says "I've stopped crying now.  Can I have sweeties when we get in?"  Not a chance!

We get in the house and he asks the question again.  Receiving the same answer he proceeds to fling himself in the floor, bang his head on the door and scream as loud as he can.  I meanwhile escape to the kitchen, turn on the radio and ignore him.  When he realises that his attempts are failing, he tries again.  "Mummy, I'm sorry mummy.  I'll be a good boy now."
"OK" I say not looking at him
"Can I have some sweeties please."
"Nope" and he kicks off again.

This went on for over an hour.   He eventually got the message and the tantrum eventually came to an end and he didn't get any sweeties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment