Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

Monday 24 February 2014

Review of the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

I was really looking forward to reading this book as I have loved some of her earlier work but sadly I was bitterly disappointed.

It has taken me two weeks to trawl through the 800 or so pages and regretfully I wasted my time.  I kept hoping that something would kick in and the book was suddenly start racing along but from start to finish I found it all a bit flat.  The opening chapters were probably the best bit.

The characters a little boring and one-dimensional they seemed to have no personality and I read pages, chapters even or their endless drug taking and morning after torments.  I went from page to page where nothing of significance really happened apart from drug taking, drug taking and drug taking.

There was certainly two much prose in this book and inherent ramblings.  It added nothing at all to the story. The plot was weak and this story could have been told in a mere couple of hundred pages rather the 800 in filled.

I'm afraid to say it's not worth wasting your time on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment