Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: All Alone!

Wednesday 20 March 2013

All Alone!

After an another extremely busy day I tonight find myself sat all alone in blissful silence.  The kids are in bed.  My man is away for the night on a works thing leaving me sat here with a glass of wine, a box of chocolates and my latest copy of Writers Forum magazine that was delivered this morning.  What more can a girl ask for?

I've got my feet up and to be honest I'm bracing myself for what could be a very unsettled night.  My little girl came out of school tonight and upon seeing me her eyes just filled with tears.  I put my arms around her whereupon she buried her head and had a good old cry.  Turns out she has developed an ear ache at school this afternoon which has proceeded to get worse as the night has gone on.  She has my total sympathies.  I to have a tendency to suffer with ear ache and there is nothing worse.  She's currently tucked up in bed, having had a large dose of paracetamol and hopefully, fingers crossed, she'll have a good nights sleep and wake up feeling better in the morning.

All I need now is for Charlie to sleep through the night.  He goes through periods of waking up in the night, numerous times and for no particular reason.  He wanders through into my bedroom and wants to get in my bed.  You'd think he'd realise after 4 years that there is no way on this earth he is getting in my bed and he's promptly put back into his own bed.  Problem is, once he is awake, he proceeds to come through on average every twenty minutes.  It's so annoying.  Last night he managed to sleep all night so I pray tonight he does the same.

I have to admit it does feel a little strange being sat here alone on a Wednesday night.  Me and my man usually have a movie and take away night on a Wednesday and I have to confess that I'm actually missing having him around tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment