Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of The girl who played with Fire and the Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest.

Friday 19 April 2013

Review of The girl who played with Fire and the Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest.

I've finally finished reading the Millennium Trilogy and due to not having as much time these last few weeks I've opted to combine the review and write about them both.  The girl with the Dragon Tattoo could actually be a stand alone book but I'm in no doubt that you definitely cannot read, 'The girl who kicked the hornets nest' without reading 'The girl who played with fire' first.

I have to confess that at times I have found the books a little hard going.  There is not doubt that the story line is phenomenal and the characters amazing but some of the political stuff just went straight over my head and I did have to on occasion go back and re-read chapters just to keep up with events.  Sometimes the sheer number of characters involved threw things out for me especially those with very similar sounding names.

A book unveiling a scandal around sex trafficking opens a whole can of worms and ends up with numerous murders being committed of which, Lisbeth Salander is the prime suspect. The outcome of which is she ends up getting shot in the head before finally being apprehended by the police.  The layers of the books are then revealed chapter by chapter until we reach the breath holding climax of the trial and the publication of the book.

These books are packed with vicious plots, scandals and sexual encounters.  Salander is without a doubt the most intricate character I have met in a long time.  As you progress through the books more and more of her horrific past is revealed and you can clearly see how she became like she is.

I'm glad I've managed to sit and read these books and they are brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment