Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Race for life - Hull

Sunday 7 July 2013

Race for life - Hull






I'm so proud of my little girl today for being apart of Hull's Race for Life.  She walked this 5 mile route in the blistering heat today with my sister and my nephew.  Cancer Research is so important and for Race for life to be on this weekend was particularly poignant.  For the last couple of months cancer has had a really big impact on our life and to see the sign that she made brought a tear to my eye and I actually felt really emotional.Cancer is an awful disease that effects so many families and tears lives apart.  As a family we have had to deal with my dad's cancer for almost 9 years now.  We've had long periods of remission where life is normal but these last couple of years haven't been so good and this disease effects not just the patient but the whole family. 





This weekend has been particularly bitter sweet as we have had so fun family times together. The kids have had great fun splashing in the paddling pools, running wild on the beach, causing havoc in the sea and tucking into a lovely BBQ but the weekend has also been marred due to some not so good news that we were given on Friday and some big decisions that are having to be made.  The next few months look to be pretty bleak.  However, as a family we will be strong and we will get through it and get me dad through it and well again.


Without cancer research and the work they do my dad probably wouldn't be here today and I thank god for that everyday.

I also want to say here that my sister also took part in the memory of a very special lady that was especially close to our family and who sadly lost her battle last year and was taken from us far to young.   She will always be loved and missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment