Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: The True Spirit of Christmas

Tuesday 17 December 2013

The True Spirit of Christmas

After a really rubbish week and an incredibly tough day today there was a moment tonight that made me smile and gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

It was 6.30pm and the kids were all bathed and we were chilling on the sofa in front of the TV when the sound of Christmas Carols filled the street.  We all shot to the front door to see a float slowly driving past with a little Mary and Joseph on the back followed by a crowd of shepherds and wise men, who were all handing out little packets of sweets to the children.

It was a really nice moment as all the neighbours came to their doors, all with smiles on their faces, whilst the kids darted outside to get a better view.  I think that's a moment when you truly do feel the spirit of Christmas.

It was all put on by the local church.  Now, I'm not a church goer or a big believer but there is something special about the story of Christmas.  I love all the nativity's and Christmas Carols and I've even decided that this year we are going to get into the true spirit of Christmas and I plan to take the kids to church on Christmas Eve to the carol service.  It's something I have never done before but It's something I'd really love to do with my kids.    So, thank you St John's Church you turned my day from a bad one to a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment