Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Blown away those cobwebs

Friday 3 January 2014

Blown away those cobwebs

With the Christmas and New Year hype and mania over and done with, yesterday was Operation House Blitz.  The tree and decorations were taken down and packed away for another year and each and every room got a good top and bottoming.  The end result is a lovely shiny clean but rather boring house.  Usually I'm more than ready to get back to some kind of normality by this year I was rather enjoying the tree and twinkling lights and I wasn't ready to have them all taken away.  Still needs must.

Feeling a little flat today and with the kids driving me nuts I needed to get out the house. Yes, the holiday boredom has set in, the novelty of the new toys have worn off and I've had days of bickering and arguing.  There was nothing for it but to head to the coast.

The sun was shinning and the sky was blue so we heaped into the car and headed to Bridlington.  The wind was rather bracing but wrapped up warmly in hats and scarfs we had a brisk walk along the harbour and sea front.  It was just what the doctor ordered.  I could literally feel my stress and tension blowing away into the rather murky North Sea.  Having worked up an appetite we stopped off at the chip shop and devoured some scrummy hot fish and chips all smothered in salt and vinegar.  Bliss. The diet hasn't started this year yet so I have no guilt what so ever. 

It's done everyone the world of good.  The kids have come back a lot calmer and I'm a happy little mummy.  Well, I would be happier if I could get rid of my unwanted visitor.

It is still evading my best efforts of capture.  I was just drifting off to sleep on Wednesday night when I heard it run across the bedroom ceiling. That left me wide awake and on tender hooks until about 2am.  Last night I was shattered so headed off to bed early.  Not a scratch, not a sound I was soon fast asleep only to be rudely awoken at 3am.  I traced it's route across the loft and actually found myself standing outside in the back garden at 3.15am listening to it's movements in the guttering.  Arghhh! That left me wide awake until 5am.  At 4.30am I'd finished reading my rather brilliant book and was tossing and turning so much that I actually contemplated getting up and doing the ironing.  Luckily common sense prevailed and I eventually managed to nod back off for a couple more precious hours.

It's time to get the experts back in.  The neighbours have also heard it over the past few nights and they have someone coming down in the morning which they are to point in my direction.  Maybe, working together we can sort this once and for all.  The sooner the better so I can start getting some much needed beauty sleep.  The black eye bags are not an attractive look!

No comments:

Post a Comment