Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Summer is ending

Monday 8 September 2014

Summer is ending

The summer is ending and there's a definite chill to the air in the morning.  Autumn is certainly on it's way. This summer has been great and I have had some fantastic times with my two little devils.  We have had lots of family fun days out exploring the coast and having great times at the seaside with lots of fish and chips, a speed boat ride, hunting for crabs (we only found a dead one) and Charlies thrill at catching his first fish even though it was only the size of his little finger
 We even managed a trip to Crete which was like heaven.  All distant but great memories now... I am hoping to squeeze in a few more days out before the weather turns but we'll see.









I have to say it is nice to have the kids back at school though.  I love having them at home but six weeks is more than enough.  It has been testing keeping them occupied to say the least.  Saying that week two and already I have been called home from work to pick up a sick little boy.  Although there didn't seem a great deal wrong with him when I got him home.  A bit of a sniffle and a little bit sorry for himself but fingers crossed he's been dosed up with the paracetamol and a good nights sleep should have him right as rain for the morning.

On the writing front I have been working hard on various pieces and I have a couple of pieces entered into competitions and I have a further few pieces that are almost ready to be submitted to magazines so hopefully something may come of those.  The good thing about the dark nights is I get the kids to bed far earlier and that leaves more writing time for me.

My book reviews on here are sadly lacking at the minute.  Not that I haven't been reading because I have read some crackers but it's been the case of not enough hours in the day.  Hopefully I'll be back on track with those too shortly.

It's been a fair while since I wrote a blog post and to be honest it had crossed my mind to maybe give it up but sitting here tonight and writing this I have realised just how much I have missed it so no doubt the gap won't be as long anymore I can feel the bug has been re-caught.


1 comment:

  1. Crete looks nice! best of luck with the writing competitions.x

    ReplyDelete