Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: The Royal Wedding

Friday 29 April 2011

The Royal Wedding

I am going to have to jump on the band wagon and talk about my views on the Royal Wedding.  I absolutely loved every single second of it.  In fact I am now re-watching the highlights. 

I actually did feel slightly emotional watching it. It truly was a fairytale.  Kate looked stunningly beautiful, a real Princess.  That dress was out of this world, whilst Prince William was handsome as ever in his military uniform. You could feel the love between them.  This I hope will be a marriage that will stand the test of time.  They both seemed to be bursting with happiness.

In my opinion Charles should not become King, instead it should pass straight to William. We need some young blood leading the country and what better role models?  We need Monarchs that can relate and engage with us everyday, lowly folks. The Aston Martin that William drove Kate to Clarence house in, is a moment that no-body will ever forget. It was a fantastic moment.

People will probably be moaning over how much the whole event has cost the tax payer, which in some respects, OK it has.  But I feel proud to be British and I enjoy all the pomp and ceremony that goes with it.

I can remember as a young girl watching Charles and Diana's wedding with my mum.  History repeated itself itself today as I was watched with my mum and daughter.  These memories are priceless.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the wedding too. It was beautiful, emotional and just what this country needs right now.

    Apparently Prince Charles paid for the wedding and the Middletons contributed. We, the taxpayer, only paid for the security, which we would do at any large occasion ie. state visit by some foreign dignitary etc. Also the security was there as much for the crowd as it was for royalty and their guests.

    ReplyDelete