Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of Nameless by Jessie Keane

Friday 18 January 2013

Review of Nameless by Jessie Keane

So, my target of reading a book a week this year has fallen behind already.  It's taken me a fortnight to read my first which was 'Nameless by Jessie Keane'www.jessiekeane.com.

Having read a number of Jessie's books this wasn't what I expected.  Set in the 1920's and covering up to around 1975.  We start the book reading of the main characters demise.  I have to admit that it took me a while to get in to this book and I actually re-read the first chapter twice.  However, it was well worth persevering with. 

It wasn't long before the magic was worked and the characters really started to work.  The main character Ruby, lives a rags to riches life but the path she travels is filled with violence, anguish, torment and finally love before her world is blown apart again.  This is a gritty and gripping story with wonderful characters that you eithwe love or hate. Or even love to hate. 

I didn't want this story to end and it certainly didn't end as expected.  The last sting in the tails tears it all apart and the final chapter made me want to shout out in anger and dismay. A brilliant book.  I really hope a sequel is written as so many questions are left unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment