Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Time to cosy up and read

Sunday 20 January 2013

Time to cosy up and read

After the first book I of the year I chose to read taking almost a fortnight to complete. I was completely behind on my target to read a book a week.  I have managed to turn this around this weekend and have almost finished my second book.  Review of which will be posted tomorrow.

I thank the cold weather for my additional reading time this weekend,  We had a reasonable snow fall on Friday night and the kids were up early on Saturday morning and raring to go.  By 10 am we were ensconced in wellies, hats, scarfs, gloves and coats and heading off to the nearby park for some sledging fun.  The kids had a ball and Charlie is particular loved the slopes despite falling face first into the snow on numerous occasions you couldn't wipe the grin off his face. 


Faye  opted use her sledge to build her own stash of snowballs ready to attack anyone that dared to offer her a battle. 

After 2 hours and feeling frozen through we came home,  My feet had never felt so cold and the pain as they warmed and the feeling returned also made me want to weep.Still, after a hot bowl of soup there was no other way to pass the afternoon then snuggled up with the heating on full blast reading my book.

The kids meanwhile opted to build a snowman in the garden and then proceeded to have a snowball fight with the other kids down the street.  Faye was well prepared for the battle and took on all the bigger kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment