Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: How time flies

Sunday 12 June 2011

How time flies

I cannot believe it is almost a year since I split with my husband.  After ten years together I look at him now and he is a stranger. 

The multitude of feelings I have gone through these last twelve months is extraordinary.  From despair to loneliness to hate and anger.  Now, when I have to see him I feel nothing.   I can't even be bothered to talk to him.  Take today, he arrives to pick up the kids and he's all "are you OK? You seem a bit quiet today." What does he expect?  I don't want to speak to him.  There is nothing for me to say anymore.  There is certainly nothing wrong apart from the fact that once again he is late.

My life has changed so much these last months.  I feel like the real me has been buried away these last ten years.  I had lost myself. It was an endless round of nappies and housework and more nappies.  Now, the kids are growing older and they are so much fun.  The house stays tidy and I have time for me.  To do  the things I love like reading, writing and more importantly shopping.

The good thing to come out of this, is I am a stronger, happier person.  Instead of feeling stuck in a mundane job I am working towards launching my career and escaping the mundane nine to five.  At the minute I feel like I can take on the world and win.  That is exactly what I plan to do this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment