Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Anniversary!

Thursday 6 October 2011

Anniversary!

It would have been my fifth wedding anniversary today, if I had still been with my husband that is.  Am I feeling sad? No.  Do I wish we were still together? God no, not a chance.  Do I think I will get married again one day? Highly unlikely.

Biggest mistake of my life? Maybe. But, if I hadn't gone down the path that I have,  I wouldn't be the person I am today.  The journey has made me a better person, a stronger person and this last 18 months I have found the real me.  And I am, by far, a much happier me.

To celebrate the day I went shopping,  Yes, a girls favourite past time.  I spent a fortune and I don't care because it is my money and I earned it.  The best part is not having to sneak all the bags in. I can just leave them all over my bedroom, living room, or any other room because there is no one there to question and accuse.  It feels absolutely great.

2 comments:

  1. Well done, Jayne, you have got through the pain and come out the other side - you can be "you" again. May you go from strength to strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne, i agree with you, i too am no longer with my husband, and i have become stronger person being single. I just know that if i hadnt been with my ex i would have missed out on five wonderful events that happened the birth of my wonderful children. Enjoy you from now on.

    ReplyDelete