Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Sale Bargains, Headlice and General Mayhem

Friday 3 August 2012

Sale Bargains, Headlice and General Mayhem

This week has been absolutely chaotic.  I just don't have a clue where the days have gone.  It's the first time in a week that I've had the chance to switch the laptop on actually sit down to write.  So here goes ...

Faye decided that she, very kindly, was going to bring home a case of the nits.  I cannot believe that all the time she spends at school surrounded by kids and not once have we been infested.  The school holidays appear and she has hardly been in contact with other children and hey presto, she catches them from somewhere.  It's a bit of a mystery but I do have my suspicions but that's another story.  Luckily, I had a Bug Buster Kit just waiting to be used and I spent over an hour de-lousing and endlessly combing hair.  Fingers crossed, we are now bug free. 

Needless to say once that was done my house felt filthy.  There was only one way to combat that and that was to clean and clean and clean.  I was like a woman possessed.  The beds were changed, every room, surface and corner was scrubbed and bleached to within an inch of it's life.  A little bit over the top, most probably, but I don't care. It made me feel so much better.  Just the thought of the nasty little critters makes my skin crawl and even as I write this I can feel myself start to itch. (Get a grip, Jayne) 

I than spent over an hour crawling around in the loft, in the stifling heat trying to locate all my old baby equipment.  Typically, it was right at the back and mountains of junk had been piled in front of it.  Eventually, I managed to dig the majority out and I have now passed it all onto the ex.  That's the highchair, baby walker, buggies all gone.  I even found it within myself to donate my pram and I loved that pram.  It was a big decision and I have agonised over whether or not to just hold onto it but no sentimentality is not a reason to hold onto something as large as that. It was with a tear in my eye that the pram was relinquished.

Moving onto a brighter note I have been holiday shopping today and came home laden down with bargains.  Unfortunately, they kids fared rather better than me, but I don't really mind. I'm not sure my wardrobe could actually handle anymore clothes at the moment.  I definitely need a sort out but all in good time.   I will be going on holiday with the two trendiest, best dressed kids and I don't think I paid move than a fiver for any one item.  That's what I call bargains.  I did get a bit carried away, as I have a tendency to do, and bought far more than they actually needed but, oh well!

I also managed to get Faye's school uniform all done and sorted for September.  It's a little earlier than I normally buy it but this year I wanted to be organised and I got everything I needed in one shopping session, which is pretty good going.

On that note I have so much more to tell but think this post is long enough so might have to save the rest for a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment