Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Bed time Stories

Saturday 26 January 2013

Bed time Stories

From my kids being babies it been a nightly ritual to have a bed time story.  I've always wanted them to have a love of books and stories and it's always been one of my favourite times of the day.  We all troop upstairs and cuddle up in my bed and I sit and read a story, just lately it's actually been 4 and 5 stories and we've sat there for almost an hour completey losing track of time.

When Faye came home from school and announced she had been reading 'The Twits by Roald Dahl' and proceeded to say that she loved it, loved it and would I please, please, please buy it for her.  No surprises that later that night out came the laptop and I hunted for Roald Dahl.  I was delighted to find a collection of 15 paperbacks including some of my favourite ever stories. 

Reading out the list of books to Faye she was amazed to find the Matilda and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - Two of her all time favourite films - are actually books as well.  Not only that but The BFG - my man's favourite childhood film - is also a book.

Well I don't know who was more excited yesterday when the parcel arrived and out popped all the shiny new books.   I can't wait to sit down and start our new bedtime stories.  The problem we have now is which one do we pick to read first?

No comments:

Post a Comment