Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of The Rest is Silence by Carla Guelfenbein

Tuesday 26 February 2013

Review of The Rest is Silence by Carla Guelfenbein

I can't say that I enjoyed this book.  One of the main problems I found was that each chapter was from a different characters viewpoint, (nothing that hasn't been done before and worked) the problem with this book was it took the first page of the each chapter to work out which characters viewpoint we were learning about.

I do think there was a lot of emphasise of minor details that didn't really add much to the story and places were I wanted to know more, eg Tommy the main child in the story wasn't given enough pages.  I wanted to know more about him and wanted to really get to know him.  I don't feel that I really identified with any of the characters in this book.

A lot was left untold and I think more could have been added to the ending.  I know a lot of people have rated this book very highly but it just wasn't for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment