Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Very Creative Weekend

Sunday 21 April 2013

Very Creative Weekend

Well here goes this weekend I have started work on my first novel.  Well I've had numerous attempts before but not really got past the first stage, I've always fallen at the first hurdle.  Now after spending quite some time leaning about the craft of writing I feel that I'm at the stage where I want to properly give it go.

I had an idea a couple of weeks ago that I have been spending time just thinking over.  This weekend I have actually put pen to paper, yes I cannot work straight onto the computer,  I need to get my thoughts down using the good old fashioned method.  Today I have worked on the story outline and character profiles.  I'm determined this time rather then wading in with two feet and promptly sinking I going to make use of the advice I've read and plan, plan, plan before writing the heading Chapter One.

Watch this space who knows maybe in a years time I might just, fingers crossed, have my first completed book.

On top of all that I have also sat and edited two stories I've previously written and drafted another short story.  Not sure where I'm going to send these as yet.  With my new story it was one of those moments that I the idea sprang to mind and I had to just sit and write it.  Regarding the other two I've actually missed the deadlines for the competitions they were aimed at but I'm sure I can still find a use for them.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your writing. I'm the same - I always write longhand too. I actually find that I can then combine typing it up onto the laptop and editing the first draft at the same time. At least, this is what I did with my one and only book so I'm no means an expert. Getting started on the next one is what I now need to make time for.... in between the whole working and parenting thing :) Looking forward to reading some of your writing and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete