Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Busy Times

Saturday 29 June 2013

Busy Times

After my last blog post where yes, upon re-reading it, I was in melt down I'm now back to my happy self  These past couple of weeks have been fairly frantic what with working extra hours at work, trips to the minor injuries, and dealing with, what can only be described as, a devil child and writing numerous pieces to be issued into competitions I haven't had a minute to myself.

Last weekend saw me have one of my mad, I'm going to sort the loft out moments.  Luckily it was a rainy day and me and the kids spent hours sorting through junk and finding all kinds of treasure.  The kids loved it and by the end I was exhausted.  I have so far made 3 trips to the tip getting rid of the rubbish and have a section ear-marked for a car boot sale, if I can find the time and energy to embark on one, that is.  If not, it may have to stay up there a while longer.

Whilst rummaging Faye found my Floopie rabbit and I couldn't help by smile and give her a little hug.  My beloved Grandad gave her to me when I was just a few months old so yep she's getting on in years but I still love her the same and she brings back wonderful memories.  She was feeling a little neglected, her tail was hanging on by a thread, her foot and her head weren't much better but it's nothing a bit of needle and thread won't solve. 

She's now as good as new, well as good as she can be, bless her and currently residing on Faye's bed amidst the hundreds of other teddies and back to be loved again.

No comments:

Post a Comment