Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of Ignorance by Michele Roberts

Monday 5 August 2013

Review of Ignorance by Michele Roberts

I didn't enjoy this book at all.  There aren't many books that I give up on but this one came really, really close.  I did persevere and read it to the end but the even the ending was awful.  The story just stopped and left far to many loose ends.  Nothing seemed to be resolved.  How did it all end for the characters?

I've read numerous good reviews on this and was sorely disappointed.  The actual story idea sounded really good.  Two little girls are thrown together  in war time France and through the occupation of the Germans their lives are bound together.

The characters just didn't connect with me at all.  The book flitted from place to place with no sense of real continuation.  I read pages without really following what was going on. The chapters were few and far between and there was no speech marks  which made following the dialogue very difficult. 

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment