Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Births and Birthdays

Sunday 22 September 2013

Births and Birthdays

I have had the most amazing weekend.  Firstly the birth of my little nephew Zach yesterday.  My little brother and his lovely girlfriend are now a mummy and daddy and I'm a proud auntie again, yippee.  Another baby to love and spoil.  The good thing about being an auntie is you get all of the good bits and none of the sleepless nights.  I can't wait to meet him, it's so exciting.

Then today has been my princesses 8th birthday.  It's scary how fast she has grown.  A proper big girl now.  Needless to say I had a rather early wake up call this morning.  5.10am to be precise which isn't good on a Sunday but we have had a brilliant day.

We opened her presents this morning, then the family descended with more presents and the chaos escalated before picking up her best friend and heading off for our birthday treat of MacDonald's followed by cinema including popcorn, sweeties and cherry slushes.  It's three  hyper, giggly little children I brought home but it's good to hear the giggles.  A fabulous time was had by all. 

I now have a couple hours rest and relaxation whilst she spends time with her dad before no doubt the chaos with resume.

It's scary thinking she's 8 already.  Feels like only yesterday that I was bringing her home from the hospital, my tiny little bundle and soon she'll be borrowing my clothes.  She already pinches my make up and nail varnishes.  They years go by far to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment