Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Pigeon on the loose

Monday 3 September 2018

Pigeon on the loose

I've had a bit of a dramatic Monday afternoon.  I was at work for 7.30 am this morning and by 3 pm I was home with my shift over, the food shopping done and all put away plus the house tidied up.  There for only one thing for it, a sit down with a coffee and a biscuit.  A little half hour chill before I started the tea.

No sooner had a sat down when there was a whooshing of air and a flapping of wings. Over my head flew a pigeon. Yep, an actual live big fat pigeon had dared to enter my house uninvited.  He'd obviously got lost and decided to pay us a little visit. He'd flown through my open french doors and crashed head first into my firmly closed living room window.  He was in such a panic, flapping and throwing itself around that it managed to become firmly tangled in my front vertical blind.

Leaping from my chair I hastily slammed all the doors shut to prevent it moving further through my house.  I am an animal lover but no way did I want our visitor flying all over the house.  By this point the kids had come running into the room to see what all the commotion was about and were almost falling hysterically to the floor with fits of laughter.

My first attempt to help it to leave was to open the side window and help it to step calmly back outside but my little pigeon had other ideas and opted to wedge itself more firmly in the blinds.  Taking a deep breath, (I have to admit to letting out a few girly little shrieks when it unexpectedly flapped a me) I finally had it in a nice firm hold and was able to transport it outside where he was released back into the garden and happily flew away to sit on the roof opposite. I'm fairly sure it had a good old laugh at me.

Firmly closing the door I headed back inside to clear up the nice little pile of bird poop and hover up the numerous loose feathers all over the living room floor.  Ironically by the time I managed to return to my coffee it had turned rather cold and got tipped down the sink.I  was feeling anything but chilled.

It gave us all a bit of excitement of a what would have been a routine boring Monday afternoon.

2 comments: