Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Inspirational weekend.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Inspirational weekend.

It's been a few days since my last post but I have been away for the weekend.  I took the kids and along with nanna and grandad we stayed in a Georgian house in the centre of Whitby.  The house itself was amazing if not a little spooky, but in a good way.

The house itself was once an old theatre which has since been converted.  It nestled between 4 churches in cobbled back streets, I fell in love with it straight away. However, I am sure there were ghostly presences.  Nothing happened, it was just a feeling. Just maybe it was my imagination running riot again.  Picturing ladies wandering the corridors and old butlers haunting the cellar, while a tragic actress was murdered in the theatre and she is still searching for her long lost love.  There I go again! I managed to keep all the adults awake most of the night planting those little thoughts.  Sorry!

Getting back on track.  The huge kitchen / dinning room was in the basement and in all fairness I wouldn't have gone down there on my own.   I made sure I took up a drink up to bed with me. There would be no way I would have gone down there on my own in the middle of the night.The second floor had two large lounges, the first floor had 2 huge double bedrooms and the top floor, were the kids slept, were 2 attic bedrooms. My bedroom was amazing. It really was like a scene out of a movie with it's four poster bed. I spent most of the first night just jotting down ideas and notes for stories.  I really did find the house a very creative place.  I would have loved to have stayed longer.

The full weekend was very creative and relaxing.  I got to have great fun with the kids.  Running and laughing down Whitby pier at gone 8 o'clock at night, the sun just setting, the wind stinging your cheeks and making your eyes water, it was absolutely freezing but it just made me feel alive. 

My notes books are full and I feel refreshed and raring to go again. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a super weekend; we look forward to seeing some of your ideas come to fruition!

    ReplyDelete