Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Little Writers in the making.

Thursday 26 April 2012

Little Writers in the making.

Faye has been off school ill today.  She started to get a bit fed up earlier and my suggestions of colouring or reading a book fell on deaf ears.  Suddenly she jumped up,
"I know" she said, "I think I will write a book, just like you mummy." Aww bless her, I thought to myself.  She frantically searched the bedroom for some paper.
"Mummy, if I'm gonna write a book I need your special pen, don't I?" I relented and let her use my 'special' pen. She swifty set about writing her story all about a Princess who fell in love with a handsome Prince.  They kissed each other, got married, had a girl baby who was good and a boy baby that was nasty and then another baby.  They all lived in the same house and the girl grew up and married another handsome Prince.

After 3 pages of writing she declared the story to be finished because her arms were aching and she couldn't write anymore. 
"Good enough reason to me kid" I said.  Reading her story gave me a little warm fuzzy feeling inside.  Aww my baby.

Then Charlie comes up.
"Mummy, I'm gonna tell you a story," he said. "Once upon a time there was a big, big, massive monster.  He knocked on the door. Knock, knock, knock.  He opened the door and shouted I'm gonna eat you all up.  Then he bit all their heads off.  They all lived happily ever after.  The end."
"Hmm, yeah, very good Charlie." I said.  "Do you really think they would live happily ever after, if they had no heads?"
"Yep, because then he would spit them all back out again"
"OK, think we get the picture, thank you."

So, I'm proud to say that I have a wannable romance writer and a budding horror writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment