Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Bad to Worse!

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Bad to Worse!

I just don't know where to start today.  So much to say and so little time to say it.  My bed is calling big time!

We'll start with the good stuff.  I attended my first session on my course and despite feeling really apprehensive and nervous all day, I loved every minute of it.  It was only a small group just 10 of us.  We did some writing exercises and discussed an award winning short story.  We didn't have to read what we had written to the class but I took the bull by the horns, and I'm really proud of myself because I did it. not once or twice but on three occasions. I was pleasantly surprised by the feedback I was given from just some of my random thoughts and notes, so all in all I was really pleased with how that went. I'm really looking forward to next week.

Now for an update on the whole divorce situation.  Firstly, I've been wondering if my ex has some in built radar for ruining my day.  I can guarantee every time I have plans to do something he intentionally or otherwise do something to piss me off big time.

I received a letter today from my solicitor stating, "Mr Baker would like to request I attend mediation to discuss matters..." Well that was like a red rag to a bull.  I seriously could not believe what I was seeing.  I requested this 18 months ago, attended the initial appointment, which he, incidentally, failed to attend.  He has told me in no uncertain terms that he is not going to mediation because we can't talk to each other anyway, so what's the point (actually, that's the whole point of it.) I have since requested this on 2 further occasions to be met with a brick wall.

Now, all of a sudden he expects me to jump.  My response to that is GET LOST YOU BLEEP, BLEEP IDIOT!

I am also seriously considering changing my solicitor she can talk the talk but is not walking the walk.  She has sent a further letter to me regarding a form I completed in June last year and confirming the totally the wrong information.  "ARRRRRRRGGGGHH"

As if my day could get any worse, I now have Faye burning up and shivering.  I am hoping against hope that she is not coming down with another dose of tonsillitis.  My stress levels are currently through the roof and so I am going to go and get tucked up in my bed with my book and will probably toss and turn with various thoughts running through my head all night.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch, I do hope Faye recovers soon. As for your ex, I think it's a man-thing (not that I'm a feminist or anything...) but they do like it all their own way, expecting us to jump when it's convenient for them. Maybe a better idea to get the mediation over and done with so you can move on. Take care.

    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks CJ,

    It's funny how a good nights sleep can help put everything into perspective. I will be attending the mediation, god knows I just want this chapter of my life over and done with. Been reading your blog and hope everything goes OK for you all next week. Will be thinking of you Stay Strong

    Jayne
    x

    ReplyDelete