Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Speaking a foreign language

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Speaking a foreign language

Am I the only parent in the world that seems to speak to their child in a foreign language?  Why is it  they totally ignore you and just carry on what they are doing, despite being told on numerous occasions not to.  Take tonight, I have a headache of epic proportions.  It's been lingering on and off for most of the week and tonight it's back with a vengeance. 

Typically the kids are running riot and screaming at the top of their voices.
"Kids please, just calm down a bit," I said, nicely.  Do they listen? nope.  The screaming intensifies and they start acting even sillier.
"Kids. Enough!" I say firmly. It went in one ear and out of the other. 

Ten minutes later they have taken not a blind bit of notice of anything I have said.  The noise levels have increased tenfold and my patience is swiftly running out.
"If I have to tell you one more time," I shout at them, "that's it you are going to bed, and I mean it."
Did they listen? Not a chance.  Are they now in bed? Most definitely.

"Awww mum, I'll be good now, I promise, promise, promise" came their pleas.  Sorry kids it's too little to late.  I could say, maybe this way they will learn that I do actually mean what I say but I doubt it as the cycle will no doubt continue.

On a positive note it's the earliest they have been in bed for weeks and I for once have a full evening all to myself to relax and enjoy.  Hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment