Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Good News!

Monday 7 January 2013

Good News!

I've worked hard on my Creative Writing Course this past 18 months and successfully completed the first half of the course focusing on the non-fiction elements.  Finally I have reached the part I've longed to tackle all along.  Writing fiction.

Prior to Christmas I posted off my first completed fiction assignment and awaited the return of this with my tutor's comments.  This is the first time that I have allowed anyone to read any of my stories and to say I was nervous is an under-statement.  All I've wanted to do is write good stories and my worst nightmare would be to receive negative comments on my work.

There on my door mat when I returned from work was the dreaded envelope.  I anxiously read the first few lines and couldn't stop the grin from spreading across my face.  The comments I have received were amazing and my hard work that I put into this assignment have really paid off.

I can't wait to cracking on my next one and who knows, maybe I might now pluck up the courage to start submitting some of my stories.  

2 comments:

  1. Well done Jayne.

    I lost heart during the non fiction section (specifically the 'write to magazines, etc section) and bailed out before the fiction part.

    Good luck with it all.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jayne. I am sure you will go from strength to strength now that you are doing the part which really interests you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete