Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Procrastination at it's best

Friday 14 September 2018

Procrastination at it's best

I made a deal with myself that once I got the kids back to school after the long six weeks holiday I was going to make every Friday my day.  A day to get stuck into my writing and really concentrate on editing the numerous stories I have drafted out and done nothing with.

Week one, I failed.  Instead of sitting down and writing I decided to go shopping for my daughters upcoming birthday presents.  Well, that was a job I needed to do.  Not satisfied with a day of shopping I then decided to decorate the said daughters bedroom.  It was a room that I've been promising her I would do for over a year but did I have to do it right now? No. That pretty much took up a whole three days and not a word was written.

Week two, I have failed again.  With the bedroom looking all clean and fresh I decided that the rest of the house needed a good deep clean so that pretty much took another full day and for my free Friday well, I've just pretty much wasted it on doing nothing much at all.  I sat down with my book and a coffee and pretty much sat on the sofa all afternoon. 

That's what you call procrastination at it's best.

No comments:

Post a Comment