Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Where have the years gone?

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Where have the years gone?

I can't believe that I now officially have a teenager.  My baby girl seems to have grown up over night and is now a beautiful young lady both inside and out.

My children are growing before my eyes and it won't be long before they both tower over me.


I had stupidly always thought that as my children grew older I would start getting more time back to myself,  I was wrong, so very very wrong.  They take up more of my time just in a very different way.

I remember when I first started writing this blog by 7,30 pm most nights I could be logged onto my laptop with both children snuggled up in bed and fast asleep.  I also recall that back in those days I was so tired by that time due to the broken nights of sleep that I had endured and the very early 5.30 am wake up calls that it was a struggle to motivate myself but I did find some reserves of energy left to write.

Nowadays, it's home from work, sort the tea and then out to whatever club we have on from Football to Musical Theatre there is always something going on.  I usually cram my food shopping around their clubs then home, showered, books, homework, spellings and whatever else we have on.  Most nights it's at the earliest 9.30 pm bed time and by then I am literally good for nothing but curling up with my book, where I manage a chapter at most, before sleep takes me. There is very little time in the day left to write and by the time the kids are snuggled up and settled I am closely following them planning the hectic schedule for the following day. The motivation to write is a million miles away.

Would I have it anyway? Not a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment