Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: How I found the author Lesley Pearse

Wednesday 3 October 2018

How I found the author Lesley Pearse

After posting a book review yesterday about The House across the Street written by Lesley Pearse it got me thinking about how I discovered the author.

My Grandma worked in a charity shop and loved books and reading as much as I do.  She would always bring me a bag full of books that she thought I would like to read.  I have to confess that most of the books she brought were not really my taste and they would get bagged up and sent to another charity shop whilst telling little white lies that I enjoyed them so as not to hurt her feelings.

I was eight months pregnant when a bag full of Lesley Pearse books appeared. My grandma told me she had read them herself and really enjoyed them.  It was a hot summer and I was feeling really fed up so came in to have a lie on the sofa.  I had a rummage through the books. There was a lot to choose from but  I picked up 'Remember Me' and after reading the blurb on the back thought I would give it a go.  From that moment on I was hooked.  I didn't move for the next five hours and my husband came in from work to no tea. The final month of the pregnancy found me reading, Till We Meet again, Never look back and Trust me to name but a few.

I've gone on to read every book and always eagerly await her new releases.  My Grandma and I weren't overly close but we did share the love of a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment