Where: Place the code in between the Writer, Mother and Reviewer: Review of Into the Darkness by Sibel Hodge

Friday 5 October 2018

Review of Into the Darkness by Sibel Hodge

I picked this book up on amazon for a bargain £1 and it is probably one of the best £1's I have ever spent.  This book takes you on a gripping roller coaster ride into the darkness and back,  I have sat here for 3 full hours unable to put the book down until the heart stopping end. Probably the most chilling aspect is the thought that these places could actually exist in real life.  Unfortunately I think they do.  A part of me actually wants to google it to try and find out more.  I know that I won't for fear of what I could find.

Having read Sibel's previous books I was already aware of the characters of Maya and Mitchell but you don't have to read previous books to enjoy the story and learn about the characters.

This books starts off as what appears to be three separate stories.  First we meet the victim who is imprisoned in a cell. She's been kidnapped.  She is interested in criminology and psychology and in particular the twisted minds of serial killers but little does she know that her digging around has set her up to be the next victim.

Story two is the detective.  He's winding down and tying up loose ends, due to leave his job in two weeks time he doesn't want to be landed with a new investigation into the murder of a retired couple in a rural farmhouse but he soon finds himself in the thick of things and uncovering more than he anticipated.

Story three is the vigilante.  He's ex SAS and he's soon on the trail to track down the victim.  Unbeknown to him it's his friend's daughter and he will stop and nothing to track her down.

This is a brilliant twisty book. The characters back stories are slowly revealed and cleverly interwoven together.     This is the best thriller I have read in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment